When prepping to sell, you’ll need to gather some required documentation. You may need it for legal purposes, but some items will be asked for by a potential buyer. When cleaning and decluttering make sure to gather all items in one place for easy access. (Pro tip: The dollar store sells small according style file folders that can easily travel where you go…for a dollar or two).
Here are some items you will need, if possible:
- NS Power consumption for the last two years (Please contact NS Power directly to obtain this record)
- Property taxes for the current year (you can email email@example.com to obtain this)
- Any property surveys, if in existence
- Any warranties on the property (Roof shingles, Appliances, Windows, Recent renovation warranties New Home Warranties)
- Copy of Power of Attorney documents (in such situations)
- Copy of Separation agreement (in such situations)
- Any building plans, if in existence
- Any restrictive covenants on the property
- Copy of heating bills for last two years
- Any leased equipment contracts (propane tanks, hot water tanks)
- Receipts for septic pumping
- Any receipts for recent purchases, installations, or work completed recently
If you’re ready to sell, email us today and we’ll help you start the journey.